Currently looking for data-driven web-development work or multimedia
contracts, preferably with an organized team and a solid future.
$20-$40 per hour, depending on complexity and length of project.
My strengths are in database design, web interfaces, large-scale
modular code, project analysis, and multimedia.
PHP, ColdFusion, HTML, XML, CSS, Delphi, Visual C++,
Visual Basic, ASP, SQL, 4D,
ActionScript, some Python, some Java, some Unity.
Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe PageMaker, Audacity, CorelDraw, Corel PhotoPaint,
Imagine 3-D, Adobe Premiere, CoolEdit (now Adobe Audition), Ultra Fractal, Fractal Forge, WorldEdit (Minecraft),
Click & Create, Multimedia Fusion, POV-Ray, InkScape, GIMP, Avogadro (molecular modeling),
Illusion, Ulead Video Studio.
Windows 3.X through Win 7,8 and X, and basic Linux/Solaris operations.
Extensive object-oriented design & development
experience; data needs, analysis & design; requirements & usability analysis;
frameworks, templates and core library development; API development and documentation.
4/96 - present: SCV Systems, Escondido, CA.
Software & web development. This is my ongoing consulting business.
Except for a few clients (below) who hired me directly, this has been my continual occupation.
Business owner, manager & lead programmer.
Have also done contract work in
multimedia scriptwriting, project management, video post-production,
testing, graphics, documentation, and sound FX. Developed
games, multimedia titles & websites, including:
- SportsplexUSA [ColdFusion] (new website for a sports complex, uses Proteus), 2011-
- Proteus420 [ColdFusion] (online accounting system and POS for 420 industry), 2010-
- Proteus ERP [ColdFusion] (online accounting system and POS), 2009-
- Utah Opera Rentals, 2011-14
- Tall Ship Stamps (2012), complete site - a specialized stamp dealer site
- inGUI (2011), ColdFusion site for custom boat quoting (sorry, login needed, no public access)
- Cover Closet (2011), complete site - a specialized stamp dealer site
- Postmark Shop (2010), complete site - a specialized stamp dealer site
- Lee Clark Stamps (2008), complete site for a large stamp dealer
- My casino Career (2008), complete site - casino industry jobs
- Progressive Dog Trainers (2006-7), complete site (after login) & admin [defunct in 2010]
- ECDEducational.com (2006-7), a group of Sylvan Learning Centers, database & reporting [odd chinese site after 2011]
- Lost Canyons Golf Course (2006-7), e-commerce
- kleinandkroll.com (2006), basic template & forms [redirects to a personal site after 2011]
- Short Hills Surgical Center (2006), online directory of doctors
- the Actors Playground (2005-7), online acting/improv group, including my filmmaking projects
- Phillips Films Ltd (2004-7), filmmaker website
- G3MEX Real Estate (2005-6), original site, then taking over after conversion to CMS Made Simple
- Cal State San Marcos - School of Extended Studies (2005-6), e-commerce class registration & admin tools (replaced by in-house team in 2007)
- Cal Counties Title Company (2005), basic setup [replaced by new site in 2009]
- BaseMarketplace.com, loanPI.com (2003-4): online loan brokerage sites for Capital Line Funding Group.
- AirMedLeadership.com (2003), online survey/database for the Air Medical Rescue Leadership Congress
- Scott V Tales (1996-now), my writing home page
- Scott V Stamps (1996-now), my stamp collectibles business
- SCV Systems (1996-now), my web development business
- "Left Behind: Tribulation Force" (2006-7) (Left Behind Games) - major Christian video game; I did
the game mechanics, base unit dialog, and voice talent production, but my pieces were largely overwritten
- "ScreenTime Studio" (2000-02) (ScreenTime Multimedia); - tool for image
and video conversion to screensavers
- "Beat the House 2", "Caesars Palace Video Poker" and "Caesars Palace Slots" (1997-8) (Interplay)
- "Arthur: The King, The Sword, The Legend" (5 CD adventure game) (1996-7) (Corel Corp), never released!
- "The Nemesis Mission" (1997) (Encore Entertainment)
- "AlphaDrive Magazine" (1997-99), CD-ROM magazine then webzine
- "Splatt!" and "Galactic Miner" (1995-6) (Wiz Technologies)
- "OSHA Training Manager", "EHS Training Director", "EHS Training Reference Guide" (1994-6)
Full credits here.
Tools used: Klik & Play, Click & Create, Visual C++ (4.2/5.0),
Visual Basic (3-6), Delphi (1-6), Adobe Photoshop, HTML, CSS, Imagine 3-D, FreePascal/Lazarus,
See SCV Systems Website for details.
Previous Work Experience
3/04-12/04: Golden Hour Data Systems
Medical billing systems and clinical charting, supporting the air medical transport
industry. I overhauled the charge sheet system
per Medicare billing standards, and implemented the full ICD9 coding library
(11,000 International codes for diseases and injuries). Improved usability and
compliance of the application.
Tools used: 4D 6.59, 4D 2003, Citrix.
5/02-11/02: Fox Studios Baja, Rosarito Beach, Mexico
Background actor in $130 million dollar film, "The Far Side of the World", starring
Russell Crowe, directed by Peter Weir. Portrayed a Royal Navy sailor from 1806.
Included storm work, tall ship sailing (on the HMS Rose), swordfighting, grappling,
fistfighting (combat training by Dan Speaker), flintlock rifles & pistols,
cannon operations. A lot of old-fashioned hard work. And my very own death scene ...
Tools used: Guns, sabers, cannons, things that go boom. A nice change of pace!
12/00-11/01: SeminarSource Inc, San Diego CA (defunct)
Large commercial web site for memberships in national organizations,
with customers like the American Counseling Assoc. Senior developer:
I designed the system, including their crucial "Call for Papers"
application, I wrote the core data-access classes, most of the
top-level dynamic pages, the in-house bug-tracking system, and
the page-branding engine. Also database design, feature analysis
& specification. Company imploded after Sept 11 attacks, due to
crucial funding being terminated.
7/99-10/00: Solutions Media Inc, San Diego CA (defunct)
Large commercial online music site. Senior engineer: I wrote
their entire e-commerce system, most of the data-access classes,
and most of the top-level dynamic pages. Database design, feature
analysis & specification. Included spinrecords.com, somemusic.com.
10/98-4/99: AlliedSignal/Nupnet, Torrance CA.
Large aerospace database/intranet projects involving parts
tracking, MIL standard compliance, change tracking; including
support for the International Space Station project. Project
terminated while AlliedSignal was being bought up by Honeywell.
1984 - 1986: State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY.
Linguistics major, also studied physics & mathematics.
1989 - 1990: Palomar College, San Marcos CA.
Mathematics major, also studied physics & astronomy. No computer courses. I learned more from books than classes.
I have had over 450 pieces of fiction, poetry, artwork, and articles
published in over 80 magazines since 1986. Bylines
include Analog, Beyond, Space & Time, Doppelganger, Star*Line,
Dreams & Nightmares, and others. Novels are in progress.
Short story collection "Year of the Twist" now available at
Amazon.com. Wrote the full screenplay for "Arthur: the King,
the Sword, the Legend" (CD-ROM for Corel Corp). Short films
also written, directed and produced.
See my writing home
for complete details.